* Image by Raja Selvaraj, released under Creative Commons license.
B’Ohrchah Nireh Ohr
In Your Light we see Light
It’s like a light going through a prism and being broken out into different colors. If it’s coming through a holiday, a mitzvah, or lighting candles, it’s the same light bouncing into the world and being refracted through a different means. We pick it up and experience it in different ways. But it’s really all the same light.*
* Simon Apisdorf, Get A Glow, 12-19-2016 (speaking of the light of G-d)
CHASHA / HUSH
To Be Silent
The strength of faith is in silence, in words that hibernate and wait. Uttered faith must come out as surplus of silence, as the fruit of lived faith, of enduring intimacy.*
* Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel, Moral Grandeur and Spiritual Audacity: Essays
Love you neighbor as yourself.**
* Learning to live right and holy according to the principals we learn from Scripture.
** Leviticus 19:18, Matthew 19:19, James 2:8
RAV HESED V’EMET
ABUNDANT IN LOVINGKINDNESS AND TRUTH
Adonai is compassionate and gracious, endlessly patient, loving, and true, showing mercy to thousands, forgiving iniquity, transgression, and sin, and granting pardon.*
* Taken from Yom Kippur liturgy based on Exodus 34:6.
AHAVAT OLAM – EVERLASTING LOVE
“And the glory of G-d shall be revealed, and all flesh shall perceive together.”
GRATITUDE AND PRAISE
Then I went down to the potter’s house, and there he was, making something on the wheel. But the vessel that he was making of clay was spoiled in the hand of the potter; so he remade it into another vessel, as it pleased the potter to make. Jeremiah 18:3-4
* photo credit: https-/www.123rf.com/profile_olegdudko
HUMILITY AND MAJESTY
For thus said He who high aloft forever dwells, whose name is holy:
I dwell on high, in holiness, yet with the contrite and the humble of spirit – reviving the spirits of the humble, reviving the hearts of the contrite. (Isaiah 57:15)
* Image credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech/McGill, Nicknamed the “Hand of God,” it is a cloud of material ejected from a star that exploded.