Mango, Basil, Avocado Dip
~ Recipe: Chelsey Mark Huttinga
Mango and Avocado: Two of Gods Most Delicious Gifts.
The following recipe was made by a very creative friend of mine and it has become one of my all time favorite ways to enjoy avocados! Thank you so much Heidi for introducing me to this delicious mixture of goodness.
- 2 large avocados diced (I dice them in the skin before scooping the fruit out
with a spoon)
- 2 ripe mangos
- Generous 1/2 cup or more of finely chopped fresh basil
- 4-5 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium sweet onion finely diced
- 4 med tomatoes peeled and diced – I don’t bother peeling the tomatoes when they come from my garden or other reliable source but if I have to buy them from the
supermarket I don’t want to eat or feed my family the “food grade
polyurethane” and will blanch them briefly and peel the skins off
- 1/4 of a large jalapeno crushed, more if you like things hot! (I used my garlic
- Juice of 1 lime
- Sea salt to taste
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Splash of apple cider vinegar
- A couple three good tablespoons or so of olive oil
Mix all that deliciousness together in a bowl and enjoy!
This is amazing on chips as dip or on veggie sticks, salad, chicken, fish, off a spoon from the bowl….