Recipe ~ Robbie Mason
We enjoyed this dish for the first time at a Purim celebration at Barry and Beth Mevorach’s house in a suburb of Jerusalem. No-one could guess what the bite-sized bits were though they thought of many options. When we were told that it was ARTICHOKES, everyone was amazed…and still wanted more.
It has become a standard side dish for our fish and/or dairy Shabbat and Festival meals here in Israel.
2 tins of artichoke bottoms (about 10-12)
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 1/2 – 2 cups of shredded cheese (I use half cheddar and half Parmesan)
1/4-1/2 cup mayonnaise
1. Butter a small casserole dish
2. Cut the artichoke bottoms into bite sized pieces
3. In a medium sized bowl mix the mayonnaise, cheeses and garlic
4. Add the artichokes to the above mixture and blend well.
5. Turn out into the prepared casserole dish.
6. Bake at 400/200 degrees until warm and bubbly. (Approx 30 – 45 mins).