~ Recipe: Cindy
Bone broth is a wonderful (and nutritious) way to break your fast. It is also something very healing and gentle on the stomach. I learned how to make this simple broth from my friend Chelsey.
To make your bone broth:
- Roast the bones for 30 minutes in a 375° oven.
- Remove the bones from your oven and scrape into a crock pot.
- Cover the bones with water and a generous splash of apple cider vinegar.
- Add onions, garlic, salt, pepper, and any other seasonings you desire. Simmering with tomatoes and other vegetables makes for a delicious broth.
- Let simmer for 18-24+ hours. Strain the broth through a colander and it is ready to be used or to enjoy as is.