Thanks to Shmuel Veffer
Gluten and sugar free!
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons Galilee Green Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- hot pepper flakes for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place chickpeas, eggs, maple syrup, cocoa powder, baking soda, olive oil, and extract in blender or food processor; cover and blend until smooth.
- Pour into 12 muffin cups.
- Top each muffin with about four chocolate chips and hot pepper flakes
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely
For more of Shmuel’s great Israeli recipes and the Best Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Israel! visit www.galileegreen.com